Day boat Long Island Cod. But there’s also this sad story about cod.
- a single cod fillet (just under one pound) from P.E. & D.D. Seafood, halved, sautéed slowly for about four or five minutes (along with a one and a half tablespoons of minced garlic, from Norwich Meadows Farm, which had been begun to color in the oil), then flipped, and two thirds of a cup of chopped parsley from Stokes Farm added to the pan, stirred a bit and the fish sautéed for a few more minutes before it was removed to two plates, and the juices spread on top of the fillets
- four ‘Mountain Magic’ cherry tomatoes from Norwich Meadows Farm, quartered, added to the plates, and seasoned with Maldon salt
- yellow flat pole beans from Norwich Meadows Farm, blanched, drained and dried, then reheated in oil, finished with salt, pepper, and fresh fennel seed from Lani’s Farm
- the wine was a French (Loire) white, Champalou Vouvray 2014 (Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant)
- the music was more from the albums we were listening to yesterday, violinist/composer Todd Reynolds’ 2CD composite album, ‘Outerborough‘