Very nice, and minimal, allowing us to continue with a cheese course this time.
- two Albacore tuna steaks (totalling about 13 ounces) from Pura Vida Fisheries, rubbed top and bottom with a mixture of dry Italian fennel seed and one and a half dried Itria-Sirissi chilis (peperoncino di Sardegna intero) from Buon Italia, ground together in a mortar-and-pestle, the tuna additionally seasoned with salt, and pepper, then pan-grilled for only a little more than a minute or so on each side, finished with a good squeeze of organic lemon from Whole Foods, scattered with micro purple radish sprouts from Windfall Farms, and drizzled with olive oil
- a handful of small middle eastern cucumbers from Norwich Meadows Farm, sautéed in olive oil until lightly browned, seasoned with sea salt, and tossed with chopped calamint (aka mentuccia, nipitella or nepitella, and tasting like a cross between mint and oregano) from Berried Treasures Farm
- slices of a Bobolink bread, Red Fife baguette
There was a cheese course.
- Consider Bardwell ‘Manchester’, a goat cheese; Consider Bardwell ‘Experience’, a pasteurized cow cheese; another Consider Bardwell cow cheese ‘Dorset’; and the very funky Bobolink semisoft cow cheese, ‘Jean-Louis‘
- served with thin slices of the same Bobolink Red Fife baguette