I thought I was going to be eating as a bachelor earlier this week, so I had expected to only have some leftover linguine with clam sauce from two nights earlier (sans the clams themselves, which had disappeared in the first round. Then Barry IM-ed me that he would be home earlier than planned, and would join me for dinner. Anticipating such a possibility, or the need for improvisation on some other night, I fortunately had fixings on hand for a decent first course.
- Colameco’s prosciutto from whole Foods, drizzled with good olive oil
- radicchio from Eataly, dressed with the same oil, a light drizzle of balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper
- slices of Rustica Classica from Eataly
- leftover linguine alle Vongole in Bianco (now bereft of the clams), gently oven-heated in a cazuela, then drizzled with olive oil and dusted with fresh chopped parsley (both after this picture was shot)
- the wine was an Italian (Südtirol) white, St. Michael Eppan Alto Adige Pinot Grigio 2013